Hi! i'm just an ordinary christian dude who has passion in Architecture, Environmental sustainability, and Travelling Photography. Also hitting on events especially Conferences and having personal stands and philosophy in this blog. Currently 2nd year Bachelor in Architecture USM Penang, Malaysia. All opinions here are just 2 sens of mine and not in any offensive means. You could follow me at Facebook or Twitter =) Welcome and have a nice day ahead! God Bless.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

200th Post : 10 REASONs WHY I BLOG?

Yes again, welcome to my 200th Post
sorry mind you this is a dry post =/ can't upload pics don't know why!

and i guess this is my 4th or 5th blog so yea you could imagine my blogging life started ever since lower secondary, but got real deal of it around end of upper secondary i guess.. So i guess i will want to share why am i so indulge this world of blogging =)

Often my mom says blogging waste time, i know she is reading this* and i am proud to say that my mom reads my blog* But however in blogging, i guess Miracles happens.

1) Social Networking
-Yes of course the main core of reasons what everyone says. It is powerful of course.Getting to know people virtually or in reality does make you a preference to know the person's space more. I would say facebook first but if the person would want to understand me more, then there goes blogging. Facebook doesn't offer space for you to shout of course, but blogging is like the book of yours, you write whatever and then you could even hit the google search engine and people start falling unto your blog. Say like USM architecture, last July if you google it, my blog is the first result of all. and as far as i know, quite a number of people landed on it. Even the 5 coursemates i got to know before i enter this course, they are all the source from my blog! How i got to know the church i am attending and PKA all this, is because Lesley drop a simple message in my blog too!

2) Stop and stare
- Yes of course nostalgic. You truly appreciate to see how you have changed. Blogging is not like any journal you could get missing with, it's stored virtually memory =) You really really learn how to appreciate your thought and trace your personality as you read along your past posts and current ones, say my old blog www.wonderfulprocrastinator.blogspot.com . I could really notice a huge change in myself, the thoughts and perspective and all.

3) Global Sharing
- My style of blogging isn't a daily journal, or daily news, or whatever you could think of, i tried to fuse them up. I don't treat my blog as a space of sharing feelings, but thoughts. I'm a thinkable person, not feeling type. I share what i feel about this world, education system, politics, general views.. not often i know, but i try. Because you really get opinions from various people all around the world when the google hits fall on you. And also my Matriculations post, I shared about my matric life and tried to help people about getting to know more about it, so many again came and commented, quite encouraging to help them up!

4) Part of My Goal.
- Sounds weird i know.. but one of my core goals in life is to be a motivator to everyone. And it has been quite a pleasant thought to know some people acknowledge my blog as something very energetic filled perhaps? thanks anyways. Perhaps i RAREly have emo post, and more about self motivating, checkpoints, self determinations post i guess?

5) Organize thoughts.
-Writing definitely helps you to build up better memory. Imagine that writing in a blog, is like talking to a person, it's not like.. "dear diary blablabla" It's like a conversation to the world, but with the ability to restructure your sentence properly and to imagine the impression you give to others. That's the power of it, same goes to Facebook but not that many applications of it though.

6) IT savvy?
Blogging simply also means one thing, i spend more time in the internet, and i guess i learn more stuff about sharing information, i learn more about applications when i jump different blogs. No doubt, i would say IT savvy simply means a better networking with a lot of opportunities. Sometimes i really pity people yet to appreciate the power of networking in this virtual world. really.

7) Online Community
Blogger United is the nice example. It's another example of virtual gated community hahaa. Yeap where all bloggers meet and express their thoughts. Of course you will get popular or widely known in the community only when you have a well organized funny blog. The reason why i blog in this context is that it increases the traffic flow of my blog too!

8) Connections
Yes people still will know what am i up to =) especially old friends etc, just a flash at your blog, you could read what is the person up to for the past few weeks. Same goes to my twitter and facebook actually! you noticed i integrate all them up for convenience seek. And especially for my mom who is wondering what am i up to in campus life. I guess she is my number one loyal fan here. hahaa.

9) Free flow extrovert
Yes i notice I have really changed. The style I write. Could really see it when it comes my first assignment in University. Could see how non bloggers and bloggers different when it comes to writing style. It's like we know and tend to analyze what the readers wants i guess? Let's say we are given a page to write about self intro... you wouldn't want to write a baby is born in this day etc... and so goes your family.. I would just write point forms, extrovert, dynamic thinker, dreamer.. Something like that. And seriously, i see myself as more free to express after blogging.

10) Self Branding
Yes, you are more aware of it ever than before. What you say and what you post, truly defines the image of yourself on others. Just as of like right now, i am posting this up, what people might wanna think? I am a thinking type of person etc? so yea it allows you to determine people first impression on you virtually.

So yea there you go, the reasons i blog. Could write much more seriously. I could just tell you how Powerful God's ways he use in this blog. He really introduced to me a lot of people which open up a lot of opportunities and better understanding. amazing, that's the word.

Blogging doesn't waste my time at all, perhaps for some blogs and their bloggers, i think they waste their time in the sense perhaps they blog too much about themselves and only their radius of friends could understand their blogs. for me,

BLOG = Global Networking = Global Information
I should google the meaning of blog and how the word came about =P

On a Random note*

1) My HBP Senior, Jamie Lee, which i just knew her days ago, as a third year student, won CIMB Foundation Best Photograph award, guess how much is the cash award? Enough to buy a new saga BML, Imagine that, yes i am motivated, all out for competitions.

2) I am done with my first semester finally. I have done with my expectation that is networking. Planning to keep PKA, Photography Club.. while AIESEC is a pending on the list, see how long it goes.. and then USM open relay and Greenlung as my side projects, and starting to feel to start a similar project in HBP school, about saving electricity and water. Sounds lame i know, but i feel USM needs it. But owh yea i quit athletes club due to hectic training, but doesn't mean i quit the sportsworld. but heh, i am tired of networking, at last. haha.

3) I want to revive my name in Blogger United. hahhaa.

4) and yes the happy part of study week of all, I am heading down to singapore for ArchiFest! along with my coursemate Jin Bang, 150 bucks 2 ways airflight, cheap right..Promising you tonnes of pictures, who knows i will get another 8Gb memory card there if 1.6k photos is not enough.